I believe we should go away with the thought that a leader is someone who has good grades and is someone who always attends class. Honestly, I say this because I am not that kind. There are times when I don't attend class because I need to do something important and I don't really get high grades like my classmates. Thinking that a good leader is always someone who is good in class can be erroneous because there are those leaders who sacrifice learning in class to learn the real world - the world outside the four walls. It is something that most of us don't see because an image of a leader inculcated within us is who has many credentials and someone who does well in all things. And I know there is more to that credentials.
For me, being a leader is not about having many achievements you've done on your own. It's about achieving something with your constituents.
And maybe, those leaders/people who thinks that the only good leaders are those that have good grades, lots of credentials are those people who doesn't have enough passion to sacrifice those things for the benefit of the people they should be serving.
I am not saying that I am a good leader. I've had my shares of ups and downs. I commit mistakes. I screw up a lot. I get disappointed and sometimes even get tired. I just want people to break away on their thinking that leaders who fail in class or don't even attend class cannot be a good leader. Because you know what? They are those people who are willing to fail their subjects and skip their class just to serve you better.
No comments:
Post a Comment