Its been 13 days since the earthquake.
The aftershocks somehow stopped shocking us and things seem to be just the way they are.
I never really shared my earthquake story so here it goes:
The night before I was kind of stressed with my little business since a lot of people were using the ATM and I need to make a lot of transactions.
Jer and I decided to meet in Ayala and we happen to meet Sarah.
She was celebrating because it was their last day in law school.
After dinner and completing all my transactions, we decided to go karaoke.
Unfortunately, after an hour of waiting, there was no vacant room so we decided to just go.
Then we decided to have a massage instead and they'll sleepover my house.
We had our massage completed by 2 am.
I slept by 3am and they slept by 4am.
By 7am, Jer's alarm was ringing and she didn't even noticed.
I had to wake up from time to time to press the snooze button.
Then all of a sudden, another alarm woke me up.
Our house was shaking!!!
I didn't know if I was having a bad dream.
But my walls were moving and my shoe rack was swaying.
Then it came to me.
Then it came to me.
We are experiencing an earthquake.
But I couldn't think of anything at that moment.
My mind literally went blank.
I was just holding Jer and did nothing.
I didn't even think of going out the house or moving.
After the shaking subsided, I finally moved and thanked God that none of my walls collapsed.
I immediately went to my Nanay's house to check if they were okay.
My Nanay was still in a state of shock. She almost fainted.
I was about to go to our store but I met my father along the way and he said everything was okay.
I was relieved. No one was hurt in my family.
My heart goes to everyone who lost a family member because of what happened.
Indeed, that experience reminds us of a lot of things.
Everyday is a gift and we must be thankful that up to this day, we are still given mornings to wake up to.

No comments:
Post a Comment