Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Be (YOU) tiful



Today let me make a statement about beauty.


Our "realities" have limited our perception of beauty to the physique of a person. If you're slim, sexy, with abs, your hair is always in place, you have fair to white complexion - you are beautiful.



And I refuse to accept that definition of beautiful. Why do we have to anchor beauty on the physique of a person? That definition is simply an injustice to the word.

I'm fat. My hair doesn't stay in place all the time. I don't put make up on. I don't possess the qualities of beauty that the society set but I am beautiful.

For me beauty is what we see beyond the facade. I am beautiful because I know how to love. I am beautiful because I know how to fight. I am beautiful because despite my imperfection, I learned to love myself. I am beautiful because I refuse to be imprisoned by the societies' standards. 

I have nothing against those who adhere to the societies dominant definition of beauty, but this I tell you - your value is never anchored on the society's standard of beautiful. 

You are beautiful because you are yourself and not because of how you look. 

I am beautiful. You are beautiful. We are beautiful. Let's get pass through those fuck*d up standards of beauty. They just want us to believe that we are not beautiful so they can sell their products. Do not be a victim of the consumerist society that those greedy few made just so they can take advantage of us. Do not make yourself a commodity. 

Be who you are because no matter what - YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment