Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Archbishop Ricardo Cardinal Vidal


As you all know, this is Archbishop Ricardo Cadinal Vidal.
He will be retiring on January 13, 2011 after 29 years of service.

One day of my reporter life (char!), I was assigned to cover Cardinal Vidal's Christmas Message.
I was so naive because I was totally unaware that after he reads his Christmas Message, there should be a pause and you still need to ask permission if you are going to ask him other issues.

And I was like:
"Cardinal, Cardinal, unsa imong maingon nga nalambigit nasad ug lain issue si Joavan?"

We are supposed to call him "Your Eminence"

But still he answered my question.

We did not miss the chance to take a solo picture with him after the short interview.
He has this certain aura and humor that I really enjoy.

His been really good to the media, granting us interview whenever we request. I've covered two of his masses already.
One was his last Misa de Gallo and the other was the Christmas Mass in Cathedral.

I like his homily because it's short and it has humor.
It always starts with the words "Mga kaigsuonan ko dira ni Kristo"

I believe in God. I just don't believe in religion because I don't want how religion was used before to brainwash people. It still continues until now, though.

But for what its worth, I'm sure gonna miss the humor of Cardinal Vidal.
I wish to hug him tight :) *LAUGHS*

No comments:

Post a Comment