Sunday, February 20, 2011

Gomez: Equipped with initiative and dedication Former SC Chair Ana Desamparado recounts working with Liezyl Gomez




As I look back to my college years as an active student leader, I'd always remember a person who has been there to work hand in hand with me in serving the students.

I first met Liezyl Anne Gomez when she was still studying at the UP High School in Cebu. She still had black long hair and strolls around UP Cebu College with her high school uniform. She was a potential customer to buy garments that I'm selling. Once, she ordered three colored skinny jeans for her and her two elder sisters.

During my last year in college, she ran as a first year representative under Nagkahiusang Kusog sa Estudyante – the same party as mine. She and her partner, Kristian Jacob Lora, won via landslide victory. Their victory gave NKE two additional seats in the Student Council. This is the very first 2-0 in the history of first year elections in UP Cebu. Being the Student Council chairperson that time, the pair captivated me by their hard work, initiative and dedication.

The week after they were elected, she collected the Cook Out solicitations that I sent to the Cebu City councilors even though I did not ask her to. Her initiative was a great help. At the back of my mind, I told myself that this kid will be a great leader someday. All through the school year, she never disappointed me in any of our Student Council activities. She was always there ready to help, ready to serve and ready to sacrifice.

Two years later, I proved myself correct as she is now running as your next Student Council chairperson. Looking at her record in the Student Council during my stint as SC chairperson and seeing what she has done the year after, I know she is more than fit to be your Student Council chairperson for AY 2011-2012.

Her experiences in the Student Council extending even outside the four walls of UP make her equipped to take on a higher challenge of leading the whole Student Council.

I am a living testimony of her hard work inside the Student Council.

I can guarantee that your vote for her and for the rest of the NKE members is a vote for change - a vote for the continuance of our struggle as Iskolars ng Bayan.

I attest to the fullest of my ability, that she will be a great Student Council CHAIRPERSON!

She is dedicated.

She is passionate.

She is principled.

She is Liezyl Anne "Liezyl" Gomez.

She is your next Student Council Chairperson.

LIEZYL ANNE "LIEZYL" GOMEZ FOR SC CHAIRPERSON!

VOTE PRINCIPLES OVER PERSONALITY.

VOTE STRAIGHT! VOTE NKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment