Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Davao Diaries!


Despite the circumstances, I was able to push through my Davao Trip. Thank You PISO FARE for another exciting adventure! :)






Hello Davao! :)











Our Airplane - it was turbulence free! Thank You Lord for the fine weather :)








These are Rhea's relatives.
We had our breakfast in a resto by the beach. Awesome place, awesome food!
WE were all so full!









Meet my travel buddy for this trip, Rhea! OO na, ikaw na ang hindi takot sa eroplano kahit unang sakay mo pa lang. Haha











Kung ang UP may Oblation at ang Cebu may Magellan...
ang Davao merong..... David!!! Hahaha











First stop:
Japanese Tunnel













Trying to pose with Japanese Guerillas. Haha






This is a replica of a golden Buddha said to be recovered in this tunnel.







The Japanese Prison.
They said 8-10 Filipino slaves were imprisoned here before.









2nd stop: Crocodile Farm!

There were a lot animals, some are scary some are cuddly.
This parrot is one of the friendliest animals I saw in the place!







A picture with a tiger. I saw real ones though. I saw them being fed. Rawr!








Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh! I don't wanna be inside your tummy, snake! get off me!!!










Sorry croc, we're not your dinner. You opened your mouth to the wrong direction. Are we heavy?Hahaha







Oh, and snake. I can't come near it. I'm such a scared brat.










Link

We stayed late afternoon to watch the Animal Show. The animals were amazing. There was an Eagle and Bill and Coco martin (monkey version), Pangil (their largest crocodile), crocdile dancing and rope walking.





SAMAL ISLAND!!!!!

Damn, this is another paradise.
I don't care if I'll have a sun kissed skin a reward for experiencing the crystal clear water and white sand beaches of Samal. It is very, very relaxing!


In exchange of the consumable portion of our entrance fee, we tried kayaking!






Of course, we'll never forget to feed our hungry stomach.
We ordered a lot of foooooood!
It was good for 5-6 people when there was only two of us.




I had mango shake. I forgot what's the name of Rhea's order. She said she wanted to try something new :)

Calamares :)

Lechon Kawali.

I was craving for pasta so I ordered Carbonara. But I was so full, I wasn't able to finish it :(

Are you convinced now that our order was good for 5?

We went to Samal on our own. Rhea and I enjoys the feeling of being lost in a new place so we just took a jeepney based on the directions given to us. When we were lost, we asked directions from strangers. And lucky enough, we were able to reach our destination.

Samal is 15 minutes away from Davao via boat. The fees were relatively cheap but the experience was totally priceless!





FRIENDS, ZORV, WATERBALL, CAMERA.

It was my last day in Davao. After buying some pasalubongs, I went to see my Davao friends.
We met at Abreeza and had lunch together.

Sinigang na Baboy - Lechon Kawali - Sisig @ Gerry's Grill Abreeza






You remember Venus? She's one of Skellie girls. I wasn't able to meet her on her last days in Cebu but I made sure I'll see her in Davao :)

How about Bikay and Krista? They are my KSUP girls :) Aaaahh, it's been long since we last met. So happy to finally see them again :)

And were off to our last adventure. Oh yeah!

Bisan nagkalisod sa habal-habal, picture2x lang gihapon! Hahaha


I really wanted to try ZORV. So I really went back here to try it. Haha
I felt like my heart was going to stop for a second. Whew. They'd be placing you inside the ball then they'll roll you down the hill.






And yes despite all my crazy fears and paranoia, I SURVIVED THE ZORV!!!!
Proud of myself! *wipes tears*

Lastly, the Waterball!
It was not scary but I just don't know how to balance! Haha





I was never on a standing position with this one so please bear with the pictures. Haha

Thank you my KSUP girls for accompanying me with one of the most challenging moments of my life! Charot. Haha

DAVAO=DURIAN as DAVAO=MARANG
Of course these are must tries!


Since you are not allowed to bring durian in an airplane because of its smell, we need to try the famous fruit in Davao. Ahm, as for the taste.... Ahm... Ahm....

MARANG is very, very delicious. Haha
I enjoyed eating it and I feel like I can eat the whole Marang. Haha Yum2x!
This is not allowed in the airplane, too.


It was another three days of getting away with it. You know... interviews, script writing, voicing the script, in other words --- WORK!
This my second time in Davao and all the places were awesome.
Just so you know, Davao City is very big! So normally when you travel from one tourist spot to other, it would take you half an hour or more or more and I mean more!
Nonetheless, your travel would be worth it because Davao offers a wide array of beautiful sceneries...

But other that these beautiful spots, let me share you one important thing that I realized.
People in Davao are HONEST!
As you might have read in my FB account, I announced that I lost my camera...
On my way to the airport, we rode a taxi..
Luckily, my companion remembered the name of the taxi company - no body number, no plate number.
I was losing hope that I'd have it again but Rhea's cousin went to LTO, traced the operator of the taxi, went to their office and the taxi driver turned over my camera!
And I still have it until now. I was more than happy to have it back in my hands...

So yes, I can tell you tales about how wonderful the places in Davao are but still it's most important treasure are it's people - honest and truthful. And this would me my most favorite story in my whole Davao trip.

LOSING YOU CAMERA. IT'S MORE FUN IN DAVAO! :)
I LOVE YOU, DAVAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment