Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Landslide Coverage (Alegria, Cebu)

[January 9, 2012]

My first out of town coverage this year!
A 3 hour drive from the city going to Alegria.
Another 12 km distance from the town proper going to Brgy Guadalupe where the landslide happened.
Guadalupe Elementary School is in danger because it is located above the landslide area.
It was just a 5 minute walk away from where we parked our car.


Students don't plant in their garden anymore.
This image shows the movement of the land.

Naa nasa'y mga liki ilang bongbong.


We can not view the landslide from the school so we had to walk to the landslide site so we can get a good video support.
It was tough and challenging! Whew!
It was almost an hour walk with the steep terrain and slippery rocks + the drizzle!
I'm glad I didn't slip! haha

But that's not it!
In order for us to go back to the city, we had to ride a habal2x!
It was the most challenging habal-habal ride I ever had!
No wonder the Municipal Engineer did not dare to take that ride.
The passage way was about 12 inches wide - going up and down + the curves.
Naa pa gani'y portions nga dili semento. Agianan rato ug taw, dili habal2x!
I can't help but whisper my prayers.
Yes it's scary but I find it fun at the same time.
Adrenaline rush + the pounding of the heart!


We decided to pass by Alcoy since we were thinking going back to the main road is far.
So we passed by this beautiful scenery!
Oh, I love the smell of fresh air and the sense of solitude in the place.
It makes me feel relaxed and happy and contented.



I love out of town coverages.
I think it's challenging and there's a lot of adventure!
It makes me feel like I'm a real reporter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment