Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tatak Kapuso!

It's gonna be a long post so bare with me :D

At last! After a year of being a reporter, I/we was /were given a workshop about news gathering and all that stuff.
The workshop for regional correspondents happened last Jan 19-21, 2012 @ Diamond Suites Hotel.

C is for Cebu, I is for Ilo-ilo, D is for Dagupan (they will be having a separate workshop) and the last D for Davao.




The Cebu delegates!

The Ilo-ilo delegates!

The Davao delegates!


DAY 1:


We were asked to introduce our newly met Kapuso!
I paired with Helen From Davao :D
Before the afternoon session, I was asked to present a song. (Pabagaay lang gud ug nawng bisan golden voice kaayu!) Haha
Oh, a lot of paparazzis around, huh?

Nah,I sang a song because the prize was Pringles! Haha


We spent the afternoon session with Sir Laurence from Balita Pilipinas, we discussed about having "Nose for News"

Day 2:



We spent the whole day with Cesar Apolinario.
He's a reporter from Manila.
He showed us his stories and he also shared his experiences on the field.
His stories were very inspiring.

That afternoon we were divided into three groups.
We are asked to make stories regarding a certain topic.
We are group 1, we tackled about street foods.

That night when we were going back to the hotel, we took silly pictures in the van.
Oh, the van smells so Taboan! Haha
Group 3 was assigned in Taboan so they smelled like dried fish. Haha

Day 3.

Before starting our morning session, we played Pinoy Henyo!





We really did our best because the prize was so awesome!
I call it the Magic Cup! Bwahaha
And yes, it's in my hands right now because we won! :))))

After the game, Cesar gave a critique on our outputs :)


We started the afternoon session with a talk from Bobby Nalzaro.

We also had a talk from a stylist and some representatives from Mary Kay who talked about proper grooming.

We ended our night with a talk regarding ethics with Ms Cel Amores.

Since it was the last night of the delegates from Ilo-ilo and Davao, we went to Crown Regency.
You know I have the fear of heights so I didn't dare try the adventures! Haha

Since I was the Cebu delegate who lived the farthest among all the Cebu delegates, i stayed in the hotel for 2 nights (actually, there was a vacant bed space so I just occupied it :p)

Bye, hotel room! :D

And of course, my food pose!
There were a loooot of foods!
Breakfast, AM Snacks, Lunch, PM Snacks, Dinner!
Oh, this totally ruined my diet! Hmp!







I learned a lot during the seminar.
I also realized a lot of things :)
I really give a salute to our network when it comes to the standards of news gathering especially the ethics part.
Indeed, makes you PROUD TO BE A KAPUSO!

1 comment:

  1. The ethics I could never argue with. :) Proud to be Kapuso sad... until June and maybe in the future (again).

    ReplyDelete