[July 8, 2012]
Last Sunday was the first ever Regional I-Witness Docufest.
We're all lucky enough because all the 4 hosts graced the activity.
And I'm a bit luckier because I get to talk to them face to face and even had a one on one interview with them.
All of the 4 hosts are very approachable and humble.
Even with their status now, they're still very down to earth - and it is something that amazed me a lot!
I was assigned to be the host/moderator of the event.
And I'm glad that the hosts appreciated what I did.
Kara David per se said after the first part of the open forum "Uy, ang galing mong mag host ah. Taga GMA Cebu ka ba? Ano trabaho mo dito? Reporter ka ba?"
Those were just a few lines but it made me very happy and very inspired.
Imagine? Kara David, veteran documentarist/reporter, said that to someone like me?
Eeeeeeeee, it really made my day :)))
Thank you so much Ms. Kara David for saying that. It really meant a lot and it inspired me to do well in my job :)
| During my interview with her. She gave me a tip nga if mag standupper gani ko dapat dili static, dapat with movements! |
| During our dinner :) |
Another person I look up to - Sandra Aguinaldo!
I met her before when we invited her for a forum we organized during our college days.
I also saw her when I visited GMA Manila last March.
Her documentary "Batch 2012" really made me cry.It was very touching and heart breaking.
| With Sandra Aguinaldo |
Here's another pride of our network - Howie Severino.
During my interview with him he told me that he is already a 20-year old documentarist.
He said he is kept humble by his 9 year old son who doesn't care who he is.
I also enjoyed his "Saplot" documentary.
It reminds of the things we consider ordinary and unimportant but for others, it is still considered a luxury.
| with Howie Severino |
Last but not the least - Jay Taruc!
It's amazing how he made a story about Burn Patients.
He told me it was one of the most challenging documentaries he made.
Yes, they did not climb a mountain or went to a hard to reach area but in that one room they were able to witness stories that are so heart breaking.
| with Jay Taruc :) |
| Ate Drei gave me this I-Witness DVD with 8 documentaries. And I'm lucky enough because I had it signed with all the 4 hosts of the program :))) |
As I earlier said, I have been a proud Kapuso because of the undeniably good documentaries we produce.
Watching those stories on the wide screen made me realize that these are stories worth producing, worth giving your time to, worth watching.
As a young reporter, I aspire to be just like the 4 I-Witness Hosts.
I may not be an I-Witness host ever but I will do good in my craft - enough to make a difference in a society that needs change.
hala, galinga oe. di lang sa pag host. Brazilian beauty pa. like it. poke!
ReplyDelete